When things don't go right...
||Are there times when charging cannot be performed while the camera is connected to a computer with the camera's USB cable?
||It depends on the camera's current operational status. Check the camera's back lamp to determine the operational status as described below.
• Lit red
Charging is being performed normally.
• Lit Amber
Charging being performed in USB data communication mode (camera turned on).
Charging is complete. Further charging is not required.
• Lit green
Charging in USB data communication mode (camera is turned on) is complete.
• Flashing Red
- Ambient temperature or the temperature of the battery may be either too high or too low.
Unplug the USB cable from the camera and wait for a while until the camera is within the temperature
range of 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F), and then try charging again.
- Try Connecting directly to a USB port what supplies a current of 500mA.
Depending on the setup of your computer, you may not be able to charge the camera's battery over a
For detiails about the power supply capacity of computer's USB port, contact the manufacture of the
- A battery that has not been used for a long time can cause charging to take longer than normal.
In this case, disconnect and then reconnect the USB cable to resume charging.
- Possible temperature and/or battery abnormality.
* Depending on the setup of your computer, you may not be able to charge the camera's battery over a
If this happens, use of the USB-AC adaptor that comes with the camera is recommended.
Charging time when using the USB-AC adaptor is approximately 240 minutes.
Top of Page